Solano County Board of Supervisors Approves Library Strategic Plan
July 21st, 2017
We’re proud to announce that the Solano County Library received approval from the County Board of Supervisors to proceed with its new Strategic Plan.
Like all of our strategic plans, the library’s staff are the lead authors. Big thanks to more than 30 library staff who participated all the way through the planning process, and especially to Bonnie Katz, Director of Library Services, for encouraging and supporting BIG thinking; and to Mark Fink, Deputy Director of Library Services, for steering the project to a successful conclusion. It’s been a fantastic experience working with Mark who has great leadership, communications, and management skills. And a killer, dry sense of humor.
The plan includes:
- New mission, vision, and organizational values statements
- Market segmentation analysis and recommendations
- Strategic framework
- Market strategies
- Organizational and staff development strategies
- “Logic models” and actions
- Roll out, marketing, organizational development, and implementation plans